"The BSMSA aims to have a positive impact on the future of medical secretaries and administrators through promotion of training, encouraging personal development and endorsing the role they play in the clinical environment"
We are the UK's leading training and membership provider specialising in training and support for Medical Administration and Practice Management within the NHS and Private Healthcare.
As an accredited City and Guilds training organisation, we provide nationally recognised qualifications and in-house bespoke courses covering introductory and advanced learning courses. A wide portfolio of courses, ranging from beginners and advance medical terminology to equality and diversity, we are able to offer training solutions for people currently working within healthcare or administrators looking to move into this speciality.
Offering membership since 1983, we are dedicated to our members, offering professional advice, support and opportunity to meet peers at meetings as well as through our newsletter and social media pages. Join us to enjoy all the benefits we have to offer.
The BSMSA was founded in 1983 by two working medical secretaries.
Since then it has grown into the effective and professional organisation representing medical secretaries, PA's, clinical team secretaries, administrators and clerical staff working in the NHS, General, Academic, Private Practice and Primary Care.
The BSMSA provides introductory and continuous training courses, professional support and a chance to meet and exchange views at local and national meetings and through the BSMSA’s newsletter and Facebook page.
BSMSA membership has many other benefits – and you can join now online!
· To act as the professional body for all medical secretaries, PA's, clinical team secretaries, administrators and clerical staff
· To promote and preserve the status and recognition of the medical secretary and other health administrators as a professional member of the medical team
· To provide training courses and meetings to ensure appropriate learning and continuing professional development (CPD) for all
· To provide professional advice and support to members
· To liaise with other organisations to promote the interests of medical secretaries and other health administrators
The business is managed by the Board of Directors and is affiliated with two sister organisations: BSMSA Training Ltd and Utilios Training Ltd.
The BSMSA is committed to the training and the continuous professional development of medical secretaries, PA's, clinical team secretaries, administrators and all other clerical administrative staff. To meet these needs, educational courses are available to all and are supervised by highly qualified tutors, All monitored and overseen by the Centre Head and Internal Quality Assessors. To see our full range of course click here.